Despite the declining check volumes in the banking industry, losses attributed to cheque fraud are still very significant. Fraudsters are using a variety of methods through multiple channels, using cutting-edge technologies.
Bottomline's payment fraud solution provides cross-channel analytics, which can be utilised for detecting a wide range of cheque fraud schemes including deposit fraud, on-us cheque fraud, and cheque kiting. The system tracks activity across multiple accounts of the same customer, and detects direct and indirect links between accounts and customers.
- Detect a wide variety of cheque fraud schemes including deposit fraud, on-us cheque fraud, and cheque kiting.
- Track activity across multiple accounts of the same customer and detect direct and indirect links between accounts and customers.
- Respond quickly to changing threats and new fraud scenarios.
- Flag potentially fraudulent behaviour with real-time alerts, and use the case management system to track from issue identification to case resolution.
- Improve investigator productivity and reduce total cost of ownership with a solution built on the Bottomline Cyber Fraud and Risk Management platform, which provides a wide range of anti-fraud and compliance solutions.
- Profiles the activity of each account and customer, and detects deviations or suspicious activity.
- Tracks activity across multiple accounts of the same customer and detects direct and indirect links between accounts and customers.
- Uses predictive modelling to reduce false positives.
- Provides comprehensive data for cheque fraud investigations. Collects data from various sources to create a single report containing all relevant data for investigations, including front and back cheque images that are relevant to the incident.
- Provides a flexible, user-friendly rule engine and investigation centre. Enables corporate investigators to easily adjust scoring parameters, calculation methods, and thresholds.
- Fully integrates the Bottomline enterprise case management solution and the payment fraud solution to create an effective, easy-to-use investigative environment.
All Bottomline Cyber Fraud and Risk Management solutions use a common platform (using Intellinx technology) to capture, normalise, analyse, and act. With this platform, all data is captured, normalised, encrypted, and signed—making it easy to analyse suspicious behaviour over time and across applications, analyse and prevent new types of fraud, ensure compliance, and provide legally admissible forensic evidence. A common user interface for all types of fraud and compliance analysis maximises productivity of network operators and fraud investigators. Learn more about the Bottomline Cyber Fraud and Risk Management platform.