Bottomline Sanctions Screening allows each transaction to be checked against different sanction lists/sub-lists including white lists and customer-provided lists. As transactions are screened, all matches become available for further review and appropriate action. When a match is found, the analyst will be provided all of the relevant information about the match to perform due diligence. In addition, customers can choose to enter a personalised false positive, or 'good guys', list. Their transactions will then validate any matches against their personalised false positive list to eliminate inaccurately returned hits.
Benefits & Features
- Transaction screening: Once a payment file is sent to the sanctions screening system, those payments are then run against the sanctions lists selected by the customer.
- Precision matching: Control the level of precision that is required for a match to be flagged. A 100% configuration will only display exact matches. Lower percentages will flag results that might require further verification or are potential false positives.
- Good guys list: If a hit is a false positive, organisations can automatically add names to a 'good guys list', and allow payments to be processed.
- List checking: The product allows customer to check their transactions against over 100 sanctions lists globally.
- List management and checking: Includes more than 100 global sanctions lists, which are updated constantly to ensure the highest level of protection and accuracy. Customers can input and maintain their own black and white lists.
- Intelligent word matching: To optimise computational performance, the solution uses the Levenshtein Distance algorithm, to match transactions to various fields in sanctions lists.
- Duplicate checking: Flag duplicate transactions that contain the same information based on key data in the transactions (i.e. amount, date, payee/beneficiary name, etc.)
- Seamless integration: Integrates with other products in Bottomline's Cyber Fraud and Risk Management suite, which provides a comprehensive platform and product set for preempting, detecting, and resolving different types of fraud, security breaches, and compliance issues.