Cross border payments, a complex journey.
Don't let cross-border payments slow down your business with pain points that include:
Businesses in international trade have complex, crossborder payment needs, yet existing systems tend to be non-transparent, slow and expensive to employ.
Pain points include:
- Lack of visibility - With routing across multiple banks, it can be difficult to predict costs or know when payments arrive
- Lack of liquidity - Separate accounts and poor visibility make it difficult to optimize liquidity
- Unpredictable - Amount received by beneficiary, timing or funds delivery unclear at origination
Slow speeds - The average cross-border transaction takes three to five business days. (1)
1. Accenture research, estimates and analysis based on Juniper Research market sizing, Banking Circle; Glenbrook-Earthport, McKinsey; and SWIFT data.
Inefficiency - The current system is fragmented, inefficient, and not transparent, particularly for small banks and markets impacted by de-risking. (2)
Complex data requirements for compliance - Banks face challenges performing AML/KYC for all transactions as data is not rich / truncated across IT systems
Fees - Fees accumulate at each step in the process, including correspondent bank and third party service fees
Payment - data loss Inconsistencies in processing between banks along the transaction route can result in payment data loss and transaction errors
Insufficient messaging - Implementation of standards differ creating significant reconciliation challenges
2. CGI Global Payments Research, 2017
The key to Real-Time cross-border payments is the interoperability of each scheme so that true global real-time transactions can be a reality. At present, real-time payment schemes do not provide universal connectivity and so it isn’t possible to send funds globally (inter-Europe is a reality with SEPA Inst and TIPS). Therefore, it is of paramount importance that banks & financial institutions plan to connect to multiple schemes and central infrastructures and leverage the global rails of SWIFT and Visa to fill this gap.
Visa B2B Connect provides an avenue to improve your cash position by taking trapped liquidity out of the corresponding network in these challenging times for your domestic market lending.
Visa B2B Connect is available in 100 countries/regions with a goal to expand to many more in the future.
It is important to recognize that it isn’t a case or either/or for Instant Payments and Cross Border Payments – each have their own use cases and benefits. Financial Institutions and Banks need to plan a strategy for both to truly remain competitive in today’s fast-evolving payments ecosystem.
Whether our customers need help to launch Instant Payments, or want to update and optimise their existing real-time payments infrastructure or take advantage of our kick integration for SWIFT gpi or Visa B2B Connect, Bottomline is here to partner you to the strategy that best fits your financial institution.
How Visa B2B Connect Transforms Cross-Border Payments and Drives Innovation
This joint webinar with Visa and Bottomline will highlight a new multilateral payment network designed to deliver predictable and transparent cross-border transactions. Visa B2B Connect provides an avenue to improve your cash position by taking trapped liquidity out of the correspondent network in these challenging times for your domestic market lending. As Seen on BBC: The Visa B2B Connect Story
What are the latest big trends in payments and how should they be prioritised strategically?
There are a whole series of innovative changes occurring in the payment landscape aimed at making payments faster, more transparent and easier to manage. This podcast will help you decide which initiatives to prioritise to drive new revenue and provide an enhanced user experience for your customers.
Benefits of Visa B2B Connect Integration, available via Bottomline
Visa B2B Connect offers a unique opportunity for banks and their business customers to streamline operations, reduce costs and enable growth.
Enhanced Customer Experience
Visa B2B Connect offers financial institutions the ability to deliver B2B cross-border payments with certainty and consistency, utilising innovative technology that offers a range of benefits:
- Finality – Visa B2B Connect delivers irrevocable payments in full value, every time
- Predictability – in knowing exactly when the funds will be delivered
- Transparency – when it comes to fees and foreign exchange rates
Visa B2B Connect offers a more cost-effective cross-border payment process:
- A single connection to a global network with no intermediary fees
- Easy implementation and enhanced translation mean reduced upfront infrastructure investment
- Efficiently manage liquidity and reduce dependency on correspondent relationships, reducing operational overheads
Security and efficiency
Visa B2B Connect combines innovative technology with Visa’s 60+ year track record as a global payments leader:
- The network is made up of known participants screened by Visa B2B Connect for enhanced payment security
- Visa B2B Connect’s digital identity feature tokenises an organisation’s sensitive business information giving them a unique identifier
- Flexible deployment with easy onboarding and integration
- Straight-through-processing delivers a streamlined payment experience, helping to drive operational efficiencies
- Direct messaging within the network facilitates efficient case resolution
Innovation and optionality
The Visa B2B Connect network offers financial institutions the opportunity to provide value added services to attract and retain clients:
- FIs can choose to complement their other payment services with Visa B2B Connect
- FIs have the choice of using Visa or their own FX rates for foreign currency payments
- Visa’s unique technology offers significant benefit when compared to more traditional solutions
GET IN TOUCH
Want to learn more about Bottomline's solutions?
Give us a call.
Our solution experts are here to help.+61 2 8047 3700 | SG +65 6508 8088
Chat with us.
Chat with one of our solution experts. We'll recommend the right product to fit your needs.
Let us help drive your business forward.
Tell us a bit about you and your business and we’ll get back to you with all the information you need.