Surveying the Impact of COVID-19 on Treasury and Finance - Week 3 Insights
Treasury And Cash Management
In the midst of COVID-19, Strategic Treasurer rallied leading finance and financial technology providers, to determine the pandemic’s impact on treasury and financial organizations – the Treasury Coalition. The Coalition launched the Global Crisis Monitor, a weekly survey delivered to treasury and finance professionals around the globe, the results of which provide ongoing visibility into the impact of COVID -19 and its effect on the industry.
Impact of COVID-19 Week 3 Results
The 3rd week results of the survey included responses from nearly 400 organizations from around the world – giving a truly global view of the effects the pandemic is having on treasury and maintaining business as usual.
- Working from home (WFH) -- with 62% of firms shifting more employees to WFH status, the effective management of remote workers is a top concern along with having the infrastructure necessary to support access to systems and data.
- Timeline to financial normalcy – week 3 results showed that respondents believed financial impact would level off around 8 months, up from the 6 month result in week 1.
- Liquidity health – the perception of accounts receivable continues to be solidly negative, as all other debt and liquidity checkpoints moved to more pessimistic placement by respondents.
To view the full results from the 3rd week, click the links below:
- Week 3: survey highlights infographic
- Week 3: full survey report
How You Can Help
To be a meaningful resource, the Treasury Coalition needs consistent participation week-to-week from those in the treasury and finance trenches.
Bookmark the link and visit every Thursday for a new question set. Check back here weekly, as SmartPayments.com continues this series and provides real-time results of the Global Crisis Monitory survey and the impact COVID-19 is having on the industry.
Read the first article in this series, featuring an interview with Craig Jeffery, Executive Director, Strategic Treasurer.
For further insights into the payments industry and beyond, subscribe now to SmartPayments.com and stay up-to-date on the latest trends and topics. You can also check out The Payments Podcast, where experts weigh-in on real-time factors impacting the payments industry.